The Family Childbirth & Children's Center
Dedicated, multidisciplinary staff providing comprehensive care for both mom and baby
The Family Childbirth & Children's Center is comprised of physicians and certified nurse midwives who are committed to providing individualized medical care throughout every stage of a woman’s pregnancy.
Obstetrical and Gynecology Department Chair, Robert Atlas, M.D., leads a talented team of Board Certified physicians and certified nurse midwives who offer a wide variety of obstetric services.
Obstetric Services at The Family Childbirth & Children's Center
Named "The Best Place to Have a Baby" by City Paper, Mercy provides obstetricians and certified nurse midwives who will guide you through every stage of pregnancy and assist you with any issues relative to your reproductive health. Our broad range of programs and expertise help women prepare for pregnancy, then guide them through both routine and high-risk pregnancies to birth. Our family-centered approach to pregnancy and birth is focused on meeting the expectations of mothers and families in a new, state-of-the-art facility that includes spacious all private rooms, rooftop garden views and comfortable waiting areas.
Programs and services offered at The Family Childbirth & Children's Center at Mercy:
- Center for Advanced Fetal Care - providing sonography, amniocentisis, genetic counseling and comprehensive high-risk pregnancy care in our new hospital, The Mary Catherine Bunting Center at Mercy
- Expectant Parent Resources - offering classes on pregnancy, childbirth, infant care, breastfeeding and sibling preparation, as well as tours of The Family Childbirth & Children's Center at Mercy
- Labor and Delivery Unit - featuring beautiful, all private rooms and a multidisciplinary team providing leading-edge obstetric care including routine and high-risk conditions, Cesarean delivery, and water births
- Mother-Baby Unit - featuring a dedicated clinical team and the most technologically advanced equipment in all new private patient rooms that include more room for visitors and reclining chairs and sleep sofas for family members
- High-Risk Antenatal Department
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Level III-B) - offering a full complement of specialists providing thorough diagnosis and treatment for a range of the most complex and high-risk conditions in newborn infants and featuring all private rooms for babies and their families (one of the first hospitals in Baltimore to offer private NICU rooms) to focus on recovery
Now Accepting New Patients.
Most Insurances Accepted.
Please call for an appointment.