About The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy
The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy provides life-changing surgery to improve weight management and restore patients to a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Led by Baltimore top bariatric surgeon Dr. Kuldeep Singh, the Center offers a comprehensive, supportive approach to weight loss surgery.
You - At Your Very Best
Our Bariatric Surgery Center focuses on education, support and best-in-practice care. We want you to experience lasting results - not just temporary weight loss, but a lifelong improvement in your health.
Whether you want to enjoy activity with your family and loved ones, restore a healthy body image, or improve serious metabolic conditions related to obesity, our team can guide you step-by-step to achieve your goals and reclaim your health.
Top Rated Bariatric Surgeon, Mercy Excellence
Named a "Top Doctor" in Bariatric Surgery by Baltimore magazine, Dr. Kuldeep Singh is well-known in the Baltimore area for providing surgical expertise in weight loss surgery.
Dr. Singh performs laparoscopic, minimally invasive bariatric surgery to minimize scarring, speed up recovery and reduce post-surgical pain. Weight loss surgical options include:
The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy is complemented by renowned Centers of Excellence at Mercy, providing coordinated treatment for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, digestive problems and sleep/pulmonary issues.
How Do I Get Started with Weight Loss Surgery?
At The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy, patients undergo a thoughtful, carefully designed process to achieve improved overall health and weight loss. Learn more by following the steps below:
- Calculate Your BMI - learn what options may be best for you
- Attend a Free Weight Loss Seminar - learn about bariatric surgery and pre-surgical requirements
- Request a Consultation - meet with our bariatric surgeon
- Prepare for Bariatric Surgery - undergo a several-month education and diet program
- Bariatric Surgery - performed in Mercy's top-of-the-line OR suites
- Support Phase - continue meeting with our doctor, participate in support groups
Mercy's Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center
Our approach to weight loss surgery focuses around the patient and providing careful preparation and education to assist with the transition to a new lifestyle. We work closely with patients to cover a range of emotional, social and behavioral aspects for a successful transition.
- Weight Loss Seminars - personally hosted by Dr. Singh to discuss bariatric surgical options and requirements, insurance considerations and lifestyle changes
- Pre-op and Post-op Education Classes - education to help you adjust to your healthy lifestyle
- Dietitian Consultations - nutrition education and support
- Psychological Evaluation - session with a licensed professional to prepare for surgery
- Support Groups - ongoing discussions with health care professionals and fellow patients
Additionally, patients of The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy have access to Mercy's award-winning facilities including:
- Curbside valet parking options:
- Surgery in Mercy's well-equipped, state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Hospital stay in Mercy's acclaimed Bunting Center, including spacious private rooms
Additional Content That Might Interest You