Mercy offers direct access colonoscopies. You can quickly and easily schedule a colonoscopy at Mercy's Downtown campus, in our state-of-the-art endoscopic suite.
Please call 410-332-9356 and select option 3 and then option 1. Most patients do not need to schedule an office visit prior to a colonoscopy.
You will need to schedule an office visit prior to your colonoscopy if any of the following apply to you:
- You are oxygen dependent
- You are under the care of a cardiologist and your condition is not considered stable
- You are currently on dialysis
- You currently take blood thinner medications including Plavix, Coumadin or aspirin
A colonoscopy may not be recommended for certain patients. Please call your doctor to determine the best screening options if you have:
NEXT: Patient Stories ›
- Severe or acute diverticulitis
- An active GI disorder or symptoms
- A condition requiring advanced endoscopic procedures
- An unstable condition or acute bleeding condition