About The Center - The Hoffberger Breast Center
The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy in Baltimore is a renowned, nationally accredited breast center with award-winning programs and doctors. The Breast Center’s comprehensive care is thoughtfully designed for women undergoing the journey to overcome breast disease.
An Exceptional Team of Breast Cancer Doctors
Dr. Neil Friedman is Director of The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy and leads one of the most respected breast care clinical teams in Baltimore, including Associate Director Dr. Gauri Bedi and Dr. Jennifer Joh.
Drs. Friedman, Bedi and Joh work in close collaboration with Mercy’s talented team of breast reconstruction surgeons - Dr. Bernard (Bernie) Chang, Assistant Director of The Hoffberger Breast Center and Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Mercy, and his associate, Dr. Brendan Collins.
Our breast surgeons are dedicated full-time to only breast surgery, a distinctive attribute of The Breast Center at Mercy. Our doctors are all Board Certified surgeons who as a team are recognized as being among the best breast cancer doctors in the Baltimore region.
A Collaborative Approach to Breast Cancer - From Diagnosis through Survivorship
Mercy’s Breast Center brings together the diagnosis, treatment and recovery process in a convenient and uncomplicated fashion – providing all stages of care in one dedicated location so you can focus your attention on your health and healing. Skilled doctors across Mercy Medical Center collaborate to ensure our patients receive top rated care and treatment through a multidisciplinary approach.
- The Center for Women’s Imaging at Mercy offers advanced technologies to give women the most accurate diagnosis at the earliest possible stage. The Center's state-of-the-art testing includes:
- Digital 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Image-guided Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsies
- Medical Oncology & Hematology at Mercy encompasses a team of caring and dedicated oncology specialists as well as a beautiful Outpatient Chemotherapy Center, designed for patient comfort
- A fully equipped, state-of-the-art Radiation Oncology Center provides advanced therapies such as IORT (Intraoperative Radiotherapy)
- Physical and Occupational Therapy where a dedicated team of therapists help breast cancer patients with the prevention and treatment of many post-operative issues including lymphedema
- A team of highly trained and experienced pathologists
- Access to Cancer Risk Assessment, genetic testing, innovative clinical trials and survivorship education
Inspiring Courage and Hope with Personalized Care
Women who share the bond of a life-changing breast cancer diagnosis know that an experienced team and comprehensive program can help ease the challenges in their journey. Our Breast Center promotes a nurturing atmosphere, which, coupled with our standout program, compels women to often recommend sisters, friends and complete strangers to the care of our top rated cancer team.
Our Breast Center proudly offers services and amenities that make us one of the best breast cancer hospitals in the Baltimore area.
- Caring and experienced nurse practitioners Barbara Ashley, CRNP, and Jean Wainstock, CRNP, closely follow patients during their care plan to ensure each patient receives the proper clinical attention needed for the treatment process
- Certified nurse navigator, Deborah Kirkland, RN, offering emotional support during pre-treatment and treatment by providing counseling, advice and support to each patient
- Quick notification of diagnosis, treatments and responses to questions asked
- Procedure rooms located inside The Breast Center suite, where minor procedures can be performed with ease
- Fully equipped state-of-the-art operating suites and dedicated OR teams
- Beautiful, spacious inpatient rooms in Mercy’s Bunting Center with sweeping views of Baltimore and plenty of room for family and visitors
- On-site Women’s Health Boutique, offering patients breast prosthesis, intimate apparel, swimwear and unique gifts for women during and after treatment
- Extensive follow-up – The Breast Center follows breast cancer patients after surgery for a full five years, or longer depending on the type of cancer
- Hand-in-hand collaboration with breast reconstruction experts
The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy also offers:
- Curbside valet parking
- Partnership with support groups and non-profit organizations, which help provide assistance with everyday needs for patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer
Additional Content That Might Interest You