BWEL - Breast Cancer Weight Loss Study
The BWEL Breast Cancer Weight Loss Study will look at whether losing weight, by eating less and exercising more, changes the risk of cancer recurrence in women who have been diagnosed with early breast cancer. The study will enroll more than 3,000 patients with breast cancer in the United States and Canada.
Participants will complete health questionnaires and take height and weight measurements and a fasting blood draw at different points throughout the study.
You may be eligible to participate in the study if you meet the following criteria:
- You have been diagnosed with stage II or III breast cancer within the last 12 months
- You have completed surgery and chemotherapy (if given)
- You are interested in losing weight and have a body mass index (or BMI) greater than 27 kg/m2
- You would like to receive information about health topics
- You are willing to be randomly assigned (like a flip of a coin) to one of two groups
For more information contact Lisa McConnell, RN: 410-332-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT: Breast Cancer Resources and Links ›