Department of Radiology
Mercy Medical Center’s Department of Radiology is led by Dr. Brad Cogan and offers an experienced team of radiologists and state-of-the-art technologies to diagnose and treat a wide array of conditions.
Radiology is a specialty area of medicine that involves the use of imaging to diagnose and treat disease. Imaging tools used by radiologists (physician specialists in imaging) include X-ray, Ultrasound, CT (computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), PET (positron emission tomography) and Fluoroscopy.
There are different branches of radiology:
- Diagnostic Radiology – involves the use of external radiation to create images of the organs and internal areas of the body. Diagnostic Radiology at Mercy is led by Dr. Brad Cogan and offers X-ray, Ultrasound, CT and MRI. Our radiologists work closely with your doctor to diagnose and recommend treatment options for many different types of diseases.
Mercy also provides a dedicated Center for Women’s Imaging, led by Dr. Jean Warner, offering digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
- Nuclear Medicine – uses very small amounts of radioactive materials that are absorbed by the body to create detailed images of the body. Nuclear medicine tests often facilitate early detection of problems because they allow radiologists to view both the structure and function of the internal organs and tissue.
Nuclear Medicine at Mercy is led by Dr. Carlo Contoreggi and offers a state-of-the-art combined PET/CT system which can be used for diagnosis, staging or restaging of a variety of cancers. The system also is used to evaluate a patient’s response to treatments and features an open structure to promote comfort and minimize feelings of claustrophobia.
- Interventional Radiology – involves the direct use of imaging to perform minimally invasive treatments for a wide range of conditions. Interventional Radiology at Mercy offers a variety of minimally invasive procedures.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for a radiology test or procedure, please call Mercy’s Imaging Scheduling Center at 410-332-9420.
Please have the following information available at the time of your call:
- What kind of test you need
- Your diagnosis
- Your insurance information