Reducing the Spread of COVID-19
We encourage you to be proactive to protect your health and safety. We can all play a role in reducing the potential spread of the COVID-19 in our community.
The following are recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Wear a mask. The CDC recommends wearing masks in public and when around people who do not live in your household. Be sure to wear the mask correctly- making sure it fits snugly on your face, covering your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, please use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are feeling ill.
- Cough or sneeze into the sleeve of your elbow or use a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines, please see our FAQ page.
News Stories with Mercy Experts
View news stories and information about specific conditions and how they may be affected by COVID-19.