Kamala Littleton, M.D.
- 410-539-2227 410-539-2227
- Fax: 410-539-2240
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of Interest:
- Anterior Hip Replacement, Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement, Knee Arthroscopy, ACL Reconstruction, Arthritis, Arthroscopy, MAKO Surgery
- McAuley Plaza at Mercy
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Glen Burnie
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Overlea
- Mercy Physicians at Kent Island
Kamala Littleton, M.D.
Kamala H. Littleton, M.D., is an expert orthopedic surgeon with Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Board Certified, Dr. Littleton specializes in joint replacement and reconstruction for the hip and knee, including:
- Anterior hip replacement
- MAKO knee resurfacing and knee replacement
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement
- ACL reconstruction
Advanced Skills in Orthopedic Surgery for Better Patient Outcomes
Dr. Kamala Littleton is committed to providing her patients some of the best treatment options for their joint, hip and knee pain. Named as a "Top Doctor" in Baltimore magazine, Dr. Littleton offers years of experience and specialized training to perform anterior hip replacement as well as MAKO knee resurfacing and knee replacement. These innovative orthopedic procedures enable her to help patients reduce their hip or knee pain so they can get back to normal daily activities.
Dr. Littleton participates on the physician team of Mercy's innovative Hip and Knee Joint Journey program. The program provides comprehensive pre-operative education and post-operative therapy for patients requiring hip and knee replacement surgery. A team of experienced orthopedic surgeons, physician assistants, nurses and therapists, specially trained in hip and knee replacement surgery, provide care and guidance before, during and after the procedure, allowing patients to return to an active lifestyle.
Dedicated to Women’s Orthopedic Conditions
Dr. Kamala Littleton offers experience and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions which most frequently affect women. Dr. Littleton recognizes that women have hormonal, anatomical and biomechanical characteristics that make them more vulnerable to certain orthopedic injuries and diseases.
Some of the conditions more common to women include ACL tears, arthritis and osteoporosis. Prevention, treatment and avoiding reoccurrence are Dr. Littleton’s focus when treating women for their joint conditions. Her conservative approach coupled with her surgical expertise make her a top choice for patients seeking relief from hip and knee pain.
Education & Fellowships
- Residency – University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, MD
- Internship – University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, MD
- Medical Degree – Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Associations & Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
See a list of insurances accepted at Mercy. Restrictions may apply. Patients should confirm coverage with their carrier prior to appointment date.