Mercy provides the MyChart Mercy patient portal for outpatient and inpatient health information. MyChart offers online access to patient health care records.
Patient medical records are confidential and maintained by Mercy's Health Information Services Department. Patients or their representatives with legal medical power of attorney or guardianship, can authorize the release of confidential patient information.
Medical Records Requests Via MyChart Mercy
Patients can request electronic medical records for personal use through MyChart. After entering the required information, the records are released through MyChart at no charge. Simply log into the MyChart account and follow the links under Menu, Medical Records, Medical Records Request. View the MyChart Record Request Tip Sheet for more information.
Hard Copy Medical Records Requests
Mercy can also provide a hard copy of medical records (from the patient's physician and/or hospital) or send it to a designated entity on the patient's behalf.
To request a copy, please provide the following documents:
- Completed and signed authorization form
- Please be sure to check off the location at the top of the authorization and the second page if applicable. If the authorization is not completed properly this can delay the release of the medical records
- Copy of a valid government-issued photo identification card
- A copy of the legal appointment as a personal representative (for example: guardian, health care power of attorney, etc.), if applicable
- If the request is for medical records of a deceased individual, a copy of the Letter of Administration from The Office of the Register of Wills and a copy of the death certificate
Please fax the documentation to 410-332-0336 or mail to the following address:
Mercy Medical Center
Health Information Services, Ground Floor POB
301 St. Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
Requests are typically processed within 20 business days from the date of receipt. Fees may apply. If applicable, our disclosure management agent, MRO, will notify the patient of the cost for the copies of medical records requested. For additional questions or information, contact Mercy's Health Information Services Department at 410-332-9489.
To request copies of radiology images or films, contact the Department of Radiology at 410-332-9268.
Birth and Death Certificate Information
Mercy Medical Center does not provide birth certificates or death certificates. For a copy of a birth, death or fetal death certificate, contact the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Division of Vital Records at 410-764-3038 or apply online.