Marie Bellantoni, M.D.
- 410-332-9800 410-332-9800
- Fax: 410-385-3267
- Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism
Areas of Interest:
- Osteoporosis, High and Low Calcium Levels
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Overlea
Marie Bellantoni, M.D.
Marie Bellantoni, M.D., is a Board Certified endocrinologist in The Center for Endocrinology at Mercy in Baltimore. As part of a team of highly respected doctors, Dr. Bellantoni offers diagnosis and treatment for a full spectrum of bone health, diabetes and thyroid conditions. She has a special interest in the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis.
Known for Compassionate Patient Care
Dr. Marie Bellantoni works closely with each patient to understand their symptoms and develop effective treatment plans. She treats Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), and underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), as well as thyroid nodules, calcium disorders, osteoporosis, adrenal and pituitary conditions.
Dr. Bellantoni offers wide-ranging expertise as well as more than 25 years of experience as an endocrinologist. Before coming to Mercy she served in private practice and as Chief of Endocrinology at a local Maryland hospital.
Recognized as a Top Endocrinologist
Dr. Marie Bellantoni has been recognized for excellence in patient care, including being awarded:
- "Top Doctor" in Endocrinology/Diabetes Care by Baltimore magazine over multiple years
Teaching & Professional Activities
In addition to her practice, Dr. Bellantoni has been involved in research and teaching activities. She has taught medical students in endocrine rotations, as well as residents in internal medicine and family practice. Dr. Bellantoni has been published in several medical journals. She also has experience in professional society leadership, serving on the Board of Directors for the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship –Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Residency – Case Western Reserve University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, Internal Medicine
- Internship – Case Western Reserve University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, Internal Medicine
- Medical Education – Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Associations & Memberships
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Endocrine Society
- Maryland Endocrine Society
See a list of insurances accepted at Mercy. Restrictions may apply. Patients should confirm coverage with their carrier prior to appointment date.