Joseph Ciotola, M.D.
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of Interest:
- Anterior Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Arthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease, Shoulder Replacement, Reverse Shoulder Replacement, Shoulder Arthroscopy, ACL Reconstruction
- McAuley Plaza at Mercy
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Columbia - University Boulevard
Joe Ciotola, M.D.
Joseph J. Ciotola, M.D., is a top rated orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Mercy Medical Center. Board Certified, Dr. Ciotola’s extensive expertise in anterior hip replacement makes him one of the most sought-after orthopedic surgeons in the Baltimore region for hip replacement.
Dr. Ciotola also specializes in knee replacement and knee resurfacing using MAKO robotic arm technology, ACL reconstruction and shoulder/upper extremity surgeries including total shoulder replacement and the LRTI procedure to relieve arthritis of the thumb.
Expert in Anterior Hip Replacement
Dr. Joseph Ciotola’s dedication to providing advanced orthopedic techniques helped bring anterior hip replacement to Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Mercy. Dr. Ciotola, who is one of the first orthopedic surgeons in Baltimore to perform anterior hip replacement, teaches orthopedic surgeons throughout the country how to perform this minimally invasive approach to hip replacement. Many of his patients have expressed their gratitude and satisfaction by recommending Dr. Ciotola to family, friends and even strangers who are in need of a hip replacement.
Clinical Excellence with Patient Centered Care
Dr. Joseph Ciotola is dedicated to providing his patients the best orthopedic care possible. Patients turn to Dr. Ciotola for his clinical expertise when they have hip or knee pain. His great compassion and concern for helping relieve their pain provides patients with the confidence that they will be able to return to their daily routines. Dr. Ciotola works individually with patients to develop the best treatment options to help with the return to normal activities.
Top Rated Orthopedic Doctor
Dr. Joseph Ciotola is the recipient of multiple awards and honors in recognition of his orthopedic expertise and excellence in patient care:
- "Top Doctor" in Orthopedics, Baltimore magazine
- Patients' Choice Award, Vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals.com
- On-Time Physician Award, Vitals.com
- America's Most Honored Professionals, Vitals.com
Education & Fellowships
- Residency – University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, MD
- Internship – University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, MD
- Medical Degree – University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Associations & Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
See a list of insurances accepted at Mercy. Restrictions may apply. Patients should confirm coverage with their carrier prior to appointment date.