Matilda Hagan, M.D.
Medical Co-Director, The Center for Inflammatory Bowel and Colorectal Diseases
- Internal Medicine
Areas of Interest:
- Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- McAuley Plaza at Mercy
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Overlea
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Glen Burnie
Matilda Hagan, M.D.
Matilda N. Hagan, M.D., is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) specialist and Medical Co-Director at The Center for Inflammatory Bowel and Colorectal Diseases, part of The Melissa L. Posner Institute for Digestive Health and Liver Disease at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Dr. Hagan has advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis. She is highly educated in the use and management of biologic treatment, such as Remicade Infusion, for these debilitating inflammatory bowel diseases.
Leadership in Gastroenterology and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Dedicated to advancing care for bowel diseases, Dr. Hagan serves as Program Director of Mercy's Gastroenterology Fellowship Program, an accredited three-year training held in conjunction with the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Hagan has been named a "Top Doctor" in Gastroenterology - Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Baltimore magazine.
IBD Researcher and Published Author
Dr. Matilda Hagan has been a member of research teams studying Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis. She is dedicated to collaborating with IBD specialists to discuss and explore advanced treatment options for the most complex inflammatory bowel disease cases. Dr. Hagan is co-author of various book chapters regarding gastroenterology conditions.
Education & Fellowships
- Advanced IBD Fellowship – University of Maryland Medical Center
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology – University of Maryland Medical Center
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Yale School of Medicine
- Medical Degree – University of Maryland School of Medicine
Associations & Memberships
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
See a list of insurances accepted at Mercy. Restrictions may apply. Patients should confirm coverage with their carrier prior to appointment date.