David Maine, M.D.
Director, The Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy
- 410-332-9036 410-332-9036
- Fax: 410-332-9030
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Pain Medicine
Areas of Interest:
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation, Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- The Mary Catherine Bunting Center at Mercy
- Mercy Personal Physicians at Lutherville
David Maine, M.D.
David N. Maine, M.D., is the Director of The Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy. Dr. Maine works collaboratively with patients, their families and physicians across the Baltimore Metropolitan region to develop effective, individualized pain treatment plans. He is known for his friendly personality and compassionate care, and strives to offer his patients the best comprehensive care available.
In January 2020, Dr. Maine was appointed by the Sisters of Mercy and Board of Trustees to serve as President & CEO of Mercy Health Services, effective July 2020. Dr. Maine continues to see patients and works in close collaboration with his trusted colleagues, Dr. Harrison Linder and Dr. William Raoofi.
Improving Quality of Life for Patients Suffering from Pain
Specializing in minimally invasive pain relief techniques, Dr. Maine is committed to helping patients rely less on a daily dose of medication to reduce chronic pain, lower back pain and cancer pain. Some of these leading edge treatment options include:
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation
- Epidural Injections
- Facet Injections
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
- Transforaminal Injections
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks (Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
Award Winning Leadership
Dr. David Maine, named a “Top Doctor” by Baltimore magazine multiple times, is sought for his expertise and is relied upon by notable health information outlets. He is skilled in a variety of leading edge pain relief procedures, including spinal cord stimulation, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.
Dr. Maine is Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine and has received many honors and awards including:
- Pain Medicine Fellows Grant from the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Glenn Foundation for Research in the Biology of Aging Grant
- The Rochester Prize from the University of Rochester
- "Top Doctor" by Baltimore magazine
Dr. Maine also has authored several publications, abstracts and book chapters and serves as an active member of the American Pain Society and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. He previously led the “Pain Management Community” on WEBMD.com, a leading health/medical informational website for the general public, answering questions and posting information about treating pain.
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowships – Interventional Pain Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residency – Anesthesiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Medical Degree – University of Rochester School of Medicine
Associations & Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
See a list of insurances accepted at Mercy. Restrictions may apply. Patients should confirm coverage with their carrier prior to appointment date.