Personalized Care for Women of All Ages
Generations of women in Baltimore have trusted Metropolitan OB/GYN, an affiliate of Mercy’s Family Childbirth & Children’s Center, for their health care. The practice provides obstetrics and gynecology services to women of all ages in a dignified and compassionate manner. Metropolitan OB/GYN offers a full range of services including:
- Adolescent Care
- Annual Well-woman Exams
- Endometrial Diagnosis and Treatment
- Immunizations and Tests
- Labor and Delivery Care
- Menopause Counseling and Care
- Osteoporosis Screenings
- Pap Test
- Post-partum Care
- Prenatal Care
Experienced and Well-Respected Providers
Metropolitan OB/GYN is led by longtime and respected Medical Director Dr. Cyrus Lawyer. Dr. Lawyer is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and has provided care for women for more than 40 years. Dr. Lawyer and the team of experienced physicians, certified nurse midwives and nurse practitioners offer comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care to their patients.
Certified Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioner
- Tarnisha Hemphill, MSN, CNM
- Kia Hollis, CNM
- Danielle Keene, CNM
- Keysha Reid-Webb, MSN, FNP-C
- Keisha Robinson, MSN, CNM, C-EFM
A Comforting Place to Deliver a Baby
Metropolitan OB/GYN is proud to be affiliated with The Family Childbirth and Children’s Center at Mercy Medical Center. Expectant mothers deliver their newborns in a convenient and safe environment. The Family and Childbirth Center provides amenities and resources to mothers and their families before, during and after delivery which include:
- Education: Classes for childbirth, breastfeeding, infant care, and sibling preparation are offered to expectant mothers and their families.
- Center for Advanced Fetal Care for High-Risk Pregnancy: High-risk expectant mothers and their babies are monitored for issues that may affect their pregnancy.
- Labor and Delivery: New mothers deliver in all-private Labor and Delivery suites.
- C-section Surgery Suites: Two dedicated operating rooms are available for patients requiring caesarean section deliveries.
- Mother-Baby Care: Private rooms are offered for mothers and visiting family members after delivery.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): A Level III-B intensive care nursery that cares for babies who are born prematurely or those who need special attention.
- Post-partum Care: A physician covers labor and delivery 24 hours a day/7 days a week to support new moms after delivery to answer questions and address any concerns.
Centering Pregnancy Program Offers Support and Resources
Metropolitan OB/GYN offers expectant patients the Centering Pregnancy program, an innovative prenatal initiative to promote healthy pregnancies, patient education and community building. The program delivers prenatal care to moms-to-be in both group and individualized settings. Centering Pregnancy includes several extended prenatal visits as well as interactive learning sessions, focusing on topics such as nutrition, common discomforts, stress management, labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and infant care. Patients who receive group prenatal care tend to have lower rates of gestational diabetes and excessive weight gain as well as greater success with breastfeeding.
Conveniently Located in Downtown Baltimore
Metropolitan OB/GYN is located in The Mead Building on the Mercy campus. The practice is housed in a beautifully-designed, revitalized office suite, which offers all-private, fully-equipped exam rooms. A lab and ultrasound suite is located on the same floor, including imaging services, such as sonogram and ultrasound.
The practice phone number is 410-332-1092.