Our communities are challenged by poverty, violence, racism, inequities and disinvestment. These systemic inequalities drive many of the deeply concerning health disparities that people face today.
Mercy remains committed to caring for the sick, the poor, and the dying—regardless of their race, religion or social status. Our unwavering dedication to serving vulnerable populations is rooted in our values of Justice, Dignity, and Hospitality.
What most of us take for granted—transportation, child care, prescription medicines, and nutritious food—often present barriers to the less fortunate when they try to access health care or comply with their treatment plans.
For many disadvantaged people, the resource gap is too great. A bridge to wellness is required. You can be a part of that connection.
Your philanthropy will assist qualified patients with meeting basic needs, such as:
- Providing patients with free or reduced-cost medical supplies and prescriptions
- Supporting patients undergoing chemotherapy by offering art, music and pet therapy sessions
- Delivering crisis interventions for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other abuse
- Subscribing chronically ill patients to four weeks of Hungry Harvest produce, delivered to their homes
- Giving patients temporary assistance with transportation to and from Mercy medical appointments
*Resources are contingent upon available funding
Champion compassion by making a gift today.