About Our Center
Meet the Mercy team and learn about our approach to weight loss surgery.
The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy provides life-changing surgery to improve weight management and help restore patients to a healthier, more active lifestyle. Led by Dr. Kuldeep Singh, a Baltimore magazine "Top Doctor" in Bariatric Surgery, The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy is well-known in the Baltimore area for providing surgical expertise in weight loss surgery.
Dr. Singh is joined by bariatric surgeon, Dr. Jessica Cutler, and Rochelle Clark, CNRP, together offering patients a comprehensive, supportive approach to weight loss surgery.
You - At Your Very Best
The Maryland Bariatric Surgery Center at Mercy focuses on leading edge surgical solutions, education, support and best-in-practice care. Our goal is to have patients experience lasting results - not just temporary weight loss, but a lifelong improvement in their health.
Whether patients want to enjoy activities with their family and loved ones, restore a healthy body image, or improve serious metabolic conditions related to obesity, our team guides patients step-by-step to achieve their goals and reclaim their health.
Nationally Recognized for Weight Loss Management
As one of the leading bariatric programs in the Baltimore region, The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy is committed to providing the highest quality care with the best possible results for patients. The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a joint quality program of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, awarded Mercy Comprehensive Center accreditation. This achievement recognizes the Center's commitment to ensuring metabolic and bariatric patients receive multidisciplinary medical care, which improves patient outcomes and long-term success.
Leading Edge Surgical OptionsThe Maryland Bariatric Center offers patients laparoscopic, minimally invasive bariatric surgery to minimize scarring, speed up recovery and reduce post-surgical pain. Surgical weight loss options include:
- Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y Surgery)
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Revision Bariatric Surgery (Revise a Previous Bypass, Lap Band or Gastric Sleeve Surgery)
A Comprehensive Approach to Bariatric Surgery
Mercy Medical Center physicians and staff approach weight loss surgery with a focus on around the patient. Careful preparation and education are important factors to assist in the patient’s transition to a new lifestyle. We work closely with patients to cover a broad range of social and behavioral aspects for a successful transition. The Maryland Bariatric Center offers patients a multi-disciplinary approach to their care, including:
- Weight Loss Seminars - Discuss bariatric surgical options and requirements, insurance considerations and lifestyle changes
- Pre-op and Post-op Education Classes - education to help patients adjust to healthy lifestyle changes
- Dietitian Consultations - nutrition education and support
- Psychological Evaluation - session with a licensed professional to prepare for surgery
- Support Groups - ongoing discussions with health care professionals and fellow patients
The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy is complemented by renowned Centers of Excellence at Mercy. We take a coordinated approach with our team of Mercy experts in the treatment for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, digestive problems and sleep/pulmonary issues.
Additionally, patients of The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy have access to Mercy's award-winning facilities including:
- The Mary Catherine Bunting Center - offering spacious private rooms for hospital stays
- The Surgery Center at Bunting - state-of-the-art operating rooms equipped especially for bariatric surgery cases
Additional patient amenities include:
- Curbside valet parking options:
- Weinberg Garage (for office visits)
- Bunting Garage (for pre-op testing and surgery)
How Do I Get Started with Weight Loss Surgery?
At The Maryland Bariatric Center at Mercy, patients undergo a thoughtful, carefully designed process to achieve improved overall health and weight loss. Learn more by following the steps below:
- Calculate Your BMI - learn what options may be best for you
- Attend a Free Weight Loss Seminar - learn about bariatric surgery and pre-surgical requirements
- Request a Consultation - meet with our bariatric surgeon
- Prepare for Bariatric Surgery - undergo a several-month education and diet program
- Bariatric Surgery - performed in Mercy's top-of-the-line OR suites
- Support Phase - continue meeting with our doctor, participate in support groups
The Weinberg Center - Lower Level250 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
Columbia - Mercy Physicians at Broken Land Parkway9821 Broken Land Parkway, Columbia, MD 21046
Lutherville - Mercy Personal Physicians1734 York Road, Lutherville, MD 21093
Overlea - Mercy Personal Physicians7602 Belair Road, Baltimore, MD 21236