About the Center
A collaborative team of medical oncologists and hematologists committed to providing expertise in treatment for cancers and blood disorders.
Patients choose Medical Oncology and Hematology at Mercy because of our expert team of doctors and their collaborative approach to developing comprehensive treatment plans. Medical oncologist Dr. David Riseberg is Chief of Medical Oncology and Hematology at Mercy. Dr. Riseberg is respected for his clinical expertise and leads a team of equally admired Board Certified physicians including Dr. Richard Huslig, Dr. M. Saad Khan, Dr. Sandy Kotiah, and Dr. Peter Ledakis.
Medical Oncology and Hematology at Mercy is a key Center of Excellence within The Institute for Cancer Care at Mercy.
A Team-Based Approach to Cancer Disease Management
The Mercy Medical Center medical oncologists focus on treating cancers and blood disorders with medical chemicals, biological products and immunotherapy to stop or slow the growth of cancers, treat disease and diminish symptoms. Mercy also offers specialists with expertise in neuroendocrine tumors – neuroendocrine cells secrete hormones that regulate the nervous and endocrine systems.
Expertise in the Treatment of Blood Disorders and Cancers
The Medical Oncology and Hematology at Mercy team provides expertise in treating a wide range of blood disorders and cancers including:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Leukemias and Lymphomas
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate / Bladder Cancer
On-Site Services to Complement Care for Cancers and Blood Disorders
Medical Oncology and Hematology at Mercy offers expertise in diagnosis, chemotherapy treatment, and pain management care as part of each patient’s cancer treatment plan. On-site services also include:
- Consultation with surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists to provide comprehensive treatment
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tools, including PET scan, CT scan, PET/CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, X-ray and mammogram
- A team of nationally certified nurses in Outpatient Chemotherapy providing a comfortable setting for hands-on care and treatment
- Access to clinical trials and genetic testing
- Physical and Occupational Therapy with a team of therapists help cancer patients with the prevention and treatment of many post-operative issues including lymphedema
- Support services including a Patient Resource Navigator, Counseling, Dietitians, Social Work and Pastoral Care
Award-Winning Cancer Treatment
Mercy remains committed to providing the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment. The American College of Surgeons and the Commission on Cancer has awarded Mercy Medical Center Full Accreditation for its comprehensive cancer program. Mercy Medical Center and The Institute for Cancer Care at Mercy are dedicated to excellence in patient care and are committed to caring for patients with compassion, respect and clinical quality.
Convenient Access to Compassionate Care
Medical Oncology and Hematology is located in Downtown Baltimore on the Mercy Medical Center Main Campus, which offers convenient valet and self-park options to access the buildings. The Mercy Medical Center medical oncologists and hematologists also see patients at Mercy Personal Physicians locations throughout the Baltimore Metropolitan area.