About the Center
A nationally accredited breast center with award-winning doctors, dedicated to helping women overcome breast disease.
The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy in Baltimore is a renowned, nationally accredited breast center with award-winning programs and doctors. The Breast Center’s comprehensive care is thoughtfully designed for women undergoing the journey to overcome breast disease.
An Exceptional Team of Breast Cancer Doctors
Dr. Neil Friedman is Director of The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy and leads one of the most respected breast care clinical teams in Baltimore, including Associate Director Dr. Gauri Bedi and Dr. Jennifer Joh.
Our breast surgeons are dedicated full-time to only breast surgery, a distinctive attribute of The Breast Center at Mercy. Our doctors are all Board Certified surgeons, who, as a team, are recognized as being among the best breast cancer doctors in the Baltimore region.
Advanced Breast Reconstruction Options
Drs. Friedman, Bedi and Joh work in close collaboration with Mercy’s talented team of breast reconstruction surgeons to offer women a variety of advanced microsurgical breast reconstruction options following breast cancer surgery.
A Collaborative Approach to Breast Cancer - From Diagnosis through Survivorship
Mercy’s Breast Center brings together the diagnosis, treatment and recovery process in a convenient and uncomplicated fashion – providing convenient access for all stages of care in one dedicated location so you can focus your attention on your health and healing.
Skilled doctors across Mercy Medical Center collaborate to ensure our patients receive top rated care and treatment through a multidisciplinary approach.
The Center for Women’s Imaging at Mercy offers advanced technologies to give women the most accurate diagnosis at the earliest possible stage. The Center's state-of-the-art testing includes:
- Digital 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Image-guided Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsies
Inspiring Courage and Hope with Personalized Care
Women who share the bond of a life-changing breast cancer diagnosis know that an experienced team and comprehensive program can help ease the challenges in their journey. Our Breast Center team promotes a nurturing atmosphere, which, coupled with our standout program, compels women to often recommend sisters, friends and complete strangers to the care of our top rated cancer team.
Our Breast Center proudly offers services and amenities that make us one of the best breast cancer hospitals in the Baltimore area.
- Caring and experienced nurse practitioners Christina Kang, DNP and Jean Wainstock, CRNP, closely follow patients during their care plan to ensure each patient receives the proper clinical attention needed for the treatment process
- Certified nurse navigator, Deborah Kirkland, RN, offers support during pre-treatment and treatment by providing counseling and advice to each patient
- Procedure rooms located inside The Breast Center suite, where minor procedures can be performed with ease
- Fully-equipped, state-of-the-art operating suites and dedicated OR teams
- Beautiful, spacious inpatient rooms in The Mary Catherine Bunting Center at Mercy with sweeping views of the Baltimore skyline and room for family and visitors
- On-site Women’s Health Boutique, offering patients breast prosthesis, intimate apparel, swimwear and unique gifts for women during and after treatment
- Extensive patient follow-up – The Breast Center follows breast cancer patients after surgery for a full five years, or longer depending on the type of cancer
- A team of highly trained and experienced pathologists
- Access to Cancer Risk Assessment, genetic testing, innovative clinical trials and survivorship education
The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy also offers:
- Curbside valet parking at the Downtown campus; on-site parking at Mercy Personal Physicians sites
- Partnership with support groups and non-profit organizations, which help provide assistance with everyday needs for patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer